Computer Lounge
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline HoratioNelson  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, 1 May 2018 2:29:32 p.m.(UTC)
HoratioNelson

Groups: Member

Hi, my old All-in-one cooler sounds like the pump is struggling and I've decided that I might put some effort in to replacing it.

My case is a Corsair 750D which was originally bought with watercooling in mind, but life got in the way and I've only now gotten around to considering it again. It's got room in the top for a 280mm radiator and some 140mm fans, and more than enough room to keep a pump and reservoir.

The thing is, I've never actually made a proper watercooling setup before. I've assembled PCs but never this sort of thing, so I'd like some advice on what parts I'll need. I have an i5 4690k with a gentle 4.1GHz overclock that plays games nicely, so I'm not needing it to run super fast. I just want the PC to look cool and have lots of pretty colours and lights :)

http://www.computerloung...entview.asp?partid=26483 strikes me as the most obvious option, as it looks idiot proof.

Are there any other options I could consider?

Bonus dumb question: where should I be looking for screws for the case? I've currently got 4 fans on the radiator doing push and pull on the All-in-one but they're not particularly well screwed in. In fact, I think they're only screwed in on two corner each :S
Sponsor
Offline Thomas - CL  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, 1 May 2018 5:30:21 p.m.(UTC)
Thomas - CL

Groups: Administration, Member
Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Afternoon HoratioNelson,

Would you be planning on including a GPU in that loop (even if just in the future)?

If so what is your current GPU as you may need to go for a dual rad setup or a slightly bigger Rad if space allows.

The kit you have linked is pretty good at handling a CPU by itself, we have matching fittings and tubing on our site so adding additional components to the loop would be fairly straight forward as well.
Offline HoratioNelson  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, 1 May 2018 5:43:59 p.m.(UTC)
HoratioNelson

Not at the moment - I've a GTX770 right now which is beginning to look long in the tooth.

Later in the year I'll be looking to upgrade the GPU along with getting a new monitor. Would it be a huge hassle to take the existing loop apart if I did want to add the GPU into it at that time?
Offline Thomas - CL  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, 2 May 2018 11:15:31 a.m.(UTC)
Thomas - CL

Man
New Zealand

Morning HoratioNelson,

It may be a bit of a learning curve but it will only involve draining the loop and adding the new link into the system.

At this stage you would likely add some new coolant in as well as give the loop a rinse through with distilled water which will clean out your loop.
Offline HoratioNelson  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, 2 May 2018 11:33:29 a.m.(UTC)
HoratioNelson

Good morning Thomas,

Thanks for that. By the sounds of it, the kit I've linked is probably the best option then?
Offline Thomas - CL  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, 2 May 2018 12:52:13 p.m.(UTC)
Thomas - CL

Man
New Zealand

Morning HoratioNelson,

It's looking like it will be the easiest solution for your situation, most people need to buy the parts separately to match their case though it looks like you have lucked out :)
thanks 1 user thanked Thomas - CL for this useful post.
HoratioNelson on 2/05/2018(UTC)