Computer Lounge
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline cashew  
#1 Posted : Monday, 15 January 2018 11:54:26 p.m.(UTC)
cashew

Groups: Member
New Zealand

Hello, I am looking to build a new PC with a budget of upwards of around $2300 for 1080p gaming as well as general use.

The monitor I am considering buying with this build -- not included in the budget -- (through CL, of course) is a 1080p 144Hz monitor. I'm not entirely fussed about frame rate, but achieving a consistent 60-90 in most games on maximum or near-maximum settings is my goal -- take Battlefield 1 or GTAV for instance, although I do play many more CPU-demanding titles like Cities Skylines and Kerbal Space Program.

I am looking for a PC among these lines, maybe like an upgraded Gen-X Lite Genesis:

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 1600
I believe I would use the stock cooler, but I am very open to recommendations here. I do plan on possibly doing some light overclocking in the future.

Motherboard - MSI B350 Tomahawk ATX AM4

Memory - 16GB

Storage - at least a 250 GB SSD for Windows, Linux, and most software, at least a 500 GB HDD for media.

GPU - GTX 1060, either as 3GB or 6GB

PSU - anything 80+ Gold or higher. I have considered the SuperNova G3 650W

Case - I am quite sold on the Corsair 460X RGB for both the air flow and functionality as well as the looks. I would pay for an additional three 120mm fans from CL to be mounted at the top and back slots as exhaust fans, to mirror the 3 intake fans. Good air flow and cable management is important to me, especially using the stock cooler on the CPU.

I thought I would include a mock-up of a potential rig on NZ Part Picker if it's any help.

I'm fully open to any modifications and recommendations.
Many thanks for your time! :)

Edited by user Tuesday, 16 January 2018 2:28:24 a.m.(UTC)  | Reason: fixed title

Sponsor
Offline Thomas - CL  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, 16 January 2018 1:32:54 p.m.(UTC)
Thomas - CL

Groups: Administration, Member
Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 70 time(s) in 70 post(s)
Afternoon Cashew,

I have quoted up a system as close as possible to your listed components, with the two major changes being the GPU and SSD.

The GPU I changed due to a lack of stock and the SSD I changed to help keep the price in line with your budget.

This is for an assembled build, with two-year warranty and windows installed and setup, basically, plug and play.

let me know your thoughts on the below quote.

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Thomas - CL for this useful post.
cashew on 17/01/2018(UTC)
Offline cashew  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, 17 January 2018 1:55:46 p.m.(UTC)
cashew

Groups: Member
New Zealand

Hi, it looks like I will not be pursuing a PC build until around March or April, but thank you anyway.

A question for the future: does the purchase include a warranty on individual parts? I am confident in your customer service and buying my parts from CL, but less confident in actually assembling the computer myself; however, I'd still like to upgrade things (through CL or by myself) a few years down the line.

Cheers

Edited by user Wednesday, 17 January 2018 2:01:12 p.m.(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Thomas - CL  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, 17 January 2018 4:51:18 p.m.(UTC)
Thomas - CL

Groups: Administration, Member
Man
New Zealand

Was thanked: 70 time(s) in 70 post(s)
Afternoon Cashew,

I included assembly for you in this quote :)

However, to answer your question, all individual components have their own warranty periods, these range from 2-10 years.

If you were to build the PC yourself and a part is faulty you can swing by and drop it off and we will sort it out no problem, if you wanted us to look over the PC though there would be an inspection fee though.
thanks 1 user thanked Thomas - CL for this useful post.
cashew on 17/01/2018(UTC)