Computer Lounge
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline leroymalone  
#1 Posted : Thursday, 18 February 2016 2:45:58 a.m.(UTC)
leroymalone

Groups: Member
United States

Hello, I`ve got files with the extension .rar, stored on my computer , there are many of them but one of the files is no longer openable and gives an error message: "Packed data CRC failed in volume name. The volume is corrupt"
What was the reason - my system issue or something else I have no idea. However, I tryed to restore function in WinRAR - unsuccessfully. Can anyone suggest how to open a file?
Sponsor
Offline 1randomkiwi - CL  
#2 Posted : Thursday, 18 February 2016 9:13:12 a.m.(UTC)
1randomkiwi

Groups: Member
Man

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 38 post(s)
I've never encountered that error myself, however the WinRAR website states the following on their FAQ Page:

Quote:
I get an error like "CRC failed in file name. The file is corrupt"!

File data are corrupt. Archive may be damaged after creation. In this case it is sometimes possible to repair it if it has the recovery record.
It also could have been broken while creating, due to hardware failures (usually caused by an over-clocked CPU or unreliable memory).
In the latter case the recovery record will not help. The only way to detect if the repair will help is to try to apply the repair command to the archive and test the results.
Check, if you have installed the recent version - if not, please download the actual WinRAR/RAR version from here. We always improve all functions with every update.

Edited by user Thursday, 18 February 2016 9:15:57 a.m.(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified