Computer Lounge
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Rhysmcp  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, 7 October 2009 10:53:19 p.m.(UTC)
Rhysmcp

Groups: Member
Man

Hi all, sure most of you have heard of Good old Games.

The Web pages is www.gog.com.

Surfing the net last night I spotted that they have Beneath a Steel sky (this is the CD talkie version with the comic opening) And Lure of the Temptress for free to download.

Now I know these are abandonware and easy to get, but the GOG version has done all the hard work for and all you need to click and play. So No more Dos Box.

They are well worth having a play, but they are an old school point and click games so they have the old school difficult level as well. I destroyed a few Keyboards when I had the original Beneath a Steel sky.

Yes the graphics are little basic, but the story is still one of the best you can find (Beneath a Steel Sky was drawn by Dave Gibbons of Watchmen and V for Vendetta fame if you are wondering).

Anyway for anyone how wants to walk down amnesia alley with me, it brings back so good memories.

Anyway Enjoy.

Rhys

My build

Core i7 920@3800 | ASUS P6T Intel X58 | Prolimatech Megahalems CPU Cooler with Noctua NF-P12 120mm | Patriot Viper 3x2GB DDR3-1600 8-8-8-24 (6GB Kit) | Corsair 620W HX Modular Power Supply | Seagate Barracuda (500GB) 7200.12 16MB SATA II (Boot) | Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 32MB 7200rpm SATAII (Storage) | LG 22X Speed Black DVD Writer | Lian-Li Lancool PC-K7B With Custom window | MSI NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX275 TWIN FROZR OC 896MB PCI-E | 3xScythe Slip Stream 120mm Fans (1200rpm) | Scythe Kaze Master Ace 5.25" Bay 4 Channel Fan Controller | Windows 7 Pro 64 bit | Canon 40D and lens | LG W2353V-PF 23" 2ms 1080P Full HD Monitor | M-Audio AV-40 | ASUS XONAR ESSENCE STX | Sennheiser HD595 Audiophile HiFi Stereo Headphones | Zalman High End Clip On Microphone | Logitech G9x Gaming Laser mouse | Razer eXactMat Mouse Pad & Wrist Pad | Cable Management By CL |

Future dreams

Blue ray drive

Old Rig
Dell 1150 laptop @1.3GHZ and 256mb ram, 20gb HDD(can you see why I need to upgrade)
Sponsor
Offline dk101  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, 3 January 2012 12:56:44 a.m.(UTC)
dk101

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Steam has a lot of free games, a thread has been made on the steam forums that has them which can be located HERE
Offline 10meghalfduplex  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, 3 January 2012 8:11:54 p.m.(UTC)
10meghalfduplex

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Yeah I've got a few paid gog.com titles,

There are some real classics in there: Xcom Aftermath/Shock/Light, Planescape Torment (if you like rpgs you need this game), heroes of might and magic 4 complete... the list fors on and they are adding them all the time.

better yet - no drm! yay.
Offline deepkart  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, 19 November 2014 7:44:52 p.m.(UTC)
deepkart

this web is nice, i paid some game for my son to play.
Offline alexvdl - CL  
#5 Posted : Thursday, 20 November 2014 8:47:57 a.m.(UTC)
alexvdl - CL

Groups: Administration
Man

Was thanked: 55 time(s) in 55 post(s)
I'll make sure to check it out also!