Computer Lounge
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline arad ralami  
#1 Posted : Saturday, 2 February 2019 10:47:19 AM(UTC)
arad ralami

Groups: Member
Iran (Islamic Republic Of)

Ok let's talk about games you playing right now,for me i playing Total War Attila and this is my Review:

Total War Attila is both a step forward and a step away from what I've come to love with the Total War Series. I've been a fan of the series playing every game since Total War Medieval. I'm also a fan of grand strategy games as a genre and have played many different iterations from my first love of Star Wars Rebellion to modern iterations like Total War Rome II and Hearts of Iron III. Through all those games I've followed a methodical plan of action. Secure a resource base, research technologies and send out a large force to secure and hold territory. Total War Attila doesn't let me do that. The game held a fire to my feet and forced me into action.

The game starts with the Roman Empire in decline and various factions vying for territory. Playing as the Geats, one of the Norse factions, the game turned against me quickly with famine and a harsh winter that meant I simply could not sit still. So, I gathered my forces, sailed across the sea and did what Vikings do, I invaded the British Isles. Within ten turns I was feeling the same intensity it took dozens to feel in Total War Rome II. With food shortages at home and forces suffering from attrition after the journey across the sea my options were to secure land or die. My first battles were almost as nail biting as a march into Northern Africa with legions of Roman soldiers to face down Carthage because there was so much at stake.

There are some notable improvements, if you want to call them, to the battle system to make it more realistic. It's the little things like having to actually have siege equipment to assault a fortress or having units be able to return to the fight after breaking. The combat, as always, is intense and a joy to watch up close.

One of the more notable aspects of the game is the new horde system that allows you to pick up your faction and move it. You uproot your civilization, losing all you've built up, and move your people into a new area in order to conquer and re-establish yourself. There are four playable factions that start out as hordes. I don't love the feature, but it really is a child of the concept of the game.

The game starts chaotically. In the north harsh winters grip the land forcing the Norse to move south to not starve. Nomadic hordes are moving in from the east to attack the crumbling Roman Empire. The game is very much in flux and, unless you're playing as one of the three established factions (the Western Roman Empire, the Eastern Roman Empire, or the Sassanid Empire) you are pushed to move either from others moving into your territory or harsh environments. I experimented with the horde mechanics, but I'm admittedly a settle and build up type of player so I played intentionally trying to not have to use them as one of the Norse factions. It can be done but it requires building up in other areas to support the motherland, so to speak.

Overall the AI does a good job, but can make strange choices. It will decline political treaties that seem favorable or offer non-aggression pacts with a large payment when I’m not even close to them. Or it will park an army that could easily wipe out the defenders at a settlement a short distance from the settlement and just sit doing nothing for years.
Sponsor