Computer Lounge
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline notworking  
#1 Posted : Sunday, 25 March 2018 7:16:01 p.m.(UTC)
notworking

Rank: OC Padawan

Reputation:

Groups: Member
Joined: 3/07/2017(UTC)
Posts: 11
New Zealand
Location: Auckland

Hello CL,

First time building a PC, would like to know some improvements If I can make any, in any category but like what I have listed so far. Don't know about power supply or between both ram options.

CPU = AMD Ryzen™ 7 1700
HD = WD 1TB Black Edition 64MB Performance SATA3 7200RPM Internal HDD
SSD = SSD 850 EVO 2.5" SATA III 250GB for OS
OS = Windows 7 or 10
PS = ?
Cooler = ?, preferably AIO
RAM = G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 / F4-3200C14D- or
G.SKILL Flare X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 / F4-3200C14D-16GFX
Motherboard = Sorted
Case = NZXT S340 ELite Matte Black with Tempered glass ATX Mid Tower Case
GPU = EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Gaming Edition

Thank you guys once again :)
Sponsor
Offline Thomas - CL  
#2 Posted : Monday, 26 March 2018 10:26:00 a.m.(UTC)
Thomas - CL

Rank: Admin - CL APPROVED

Reputation:

Groups: Administration, Member
Joined: 26/07/2016(UTC)
Posts: 742
Man
New Zealand
Location: Auckland

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 70 time(s) in 70 post(s)
Morning Notworking,


The first change I would make would be to upgrade the WD black to a 2Tb as there is usually only a $10-$20 difference for an additional 1 Tb of storage.


Definitely windows 10 as it will work a lot more smoothly with the newer hardware.


For the all in one I would go for the NZXT X62 for looks or the Corsair H115 if you want slightly better performance with a small sacrifice to looks.


Trident Z definitely as even with the RGB LEDs turned off they are much nicer looking RAM, 3200MHz is also still a relatively sweet spot in terms of price to performance.


The 2700X AMD CPU is also due to launch mid-April so that is also something to keep in mind with this upgrade as the new CPU will work with your current AM4 Motherboard :)

Offline notworking  
#3 Posted : Monday, 26 March 2018 8:19:13 p.m.(UTC)
notworking

Rank: OC Padawan

Reputation:

Groups: Member
Joined: 3/07/2017(UTC)
Posts: 11
New Zealand
Location: Auckland

Hello Thomas,

I see, I think I would go with the Corsair H115i as I prefer performance over looks but if the performance difference does not differ by much I would like to go with the NZXT 62. As for HD WD black 2tb sounds great for just an extra $20 or so. If I am to go with G.Skill Trident Z, may I get non RGB thanks. I would want the ram to be cl14 3200MHz. As for the CPU I woudln't mind waiting until the new 2700x comes out, however am wondering if it will have better performance than the 1700. Would I be able to get a quote aswell to see how much I will be looking at with the Ryzen 1700 as of now, don't know how much the new 2700x would cost. Also If I build the pc myself, would CL be able to help me overclock the rig? as I am not that confident :)

Edit* Is it possible to get windows 7 though ?

Cheers




Originally Posted by: Thomas - CL Go to Quoted Post
Morning Notworking,


The first change I would make would be to upgrade the WD black to a 2Tb as there is usually only a $10-$20 difference for an additional 1 Tb of storage.


Definitely windows 10 as it will work a lot more smoothly with the newer hardware.


For the all in one I would go for the NZXT X62 for looks or the Corsair H115 if you want slightly better performance with a small sacrifice to looks.


Trident Z definitely as even with the RGB LEDs turned off they are much nicer looking RAM, 3200MHz is also still a relatively sweet spot in terms of price to performance.


The 2700X AMD CPU is also due to launch mid-April so that is also something to keep in mind with this upgrade as the new CPU will work with your current AM4 Motherboard :)

Edited by user Monday, 26 March 2018 8:33:41 p.m.(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Thomas - CL  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, 27 March 2018 10:17:04 a.m.(UTC)
Thomas - CL

Rank: Admin - CL APPROVED

Reputation:

Groups: Administration, Member
Joined: 26/07/2016(UTC)
Posts: 742
Man
New Zealand
Location: Auckland

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 70 time(s) in 70 post(s)
Morning Notworking,


We currently only have the RGB Trident in stock though the lights can be turned off or dull via software control.


The 2700x (based purely on leaks so far) appears to be around 10% faster and will likely retail for the same price as the 1700x.


Windows 7 is not advised on newer builds due to hardware/ software not playing nicely together which is why we do not sell windows 7 any longer.

The S340 case is due towards the end of this month/ early next month, everything else we can have within a week.


UserPostedImage
Offline notworking  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, 27 March 2018 6:32:19 p.m.(UTC)
notworking

Rank: OC Padawan

Reputation:

Groups: Member
Joined: 3/07/2017(UTC)
Posts: 11
New Zealand
Location: Auckland

Hello Thomas,

I think I will just wait until mid April then for the 2700x or 2700 based on performance and if price is the same as 1700x. Is there a difference between the 850 and 860 Samsung evo ssd ?

Originally Posted by: Thomas - CL Go to Quoted Post
Morning Notworking,


We currently only have the RGB Trident in stock though the lights can be turned off or dull via software control.


The 2700x (based purely on leaks so far) appears to be around 10% faster and will likely retail for the same price as the 1700x.


Windows 7 is not advised on newer builds due to hardware/ software not playing nicely together which is why we do not sell windows 7 any longer.

The S340 case is due towards the end of this month/ early next month, everything else we can have within a week.


UserPostedImage


Offline Thomas - CL  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, 28 March 2018 12:25:25 p.m.(UTC)
Thomas - CL

Rank: Admin - CL APPROVED

Reputation:

Groups: Administration, Member
Joined: 26/07/2016(UTC)
Posts: 742
Man
New Zealand
Location: Auckland

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 70 time(s) in 70 post(s)
Afternoon Notworking,

In terms of performance the newer 860s are a little more consistent but overall it is more of a refresh with some minor improvements.

Cost wise they are almost identical so I would personally go with the newer 860s :)
Offline notworking  
#7 Posted : Friday, 30 March 2018 11:27:15 a.m.(UTC)
notworking

Rank: OC Padawan

Reputation:

Groups: Member
Joined: 3/07/2017(UTC)
Posts: 11
New Zealand
Location: Auckland

Ok, cool.

Question Thomas, Does CL help customers or people OC their builds ? If so how much?

Cheers

Originally Posted by: Thomas - CL Go to Quoted Post
Afternoon Notworking,

In terms of performance the newer 860s are a little more consistent but overall it is more of a refresh with some minor improvements.

Cost wise they are almost identical so I would personally go with the newer 860s :)


Offline Thomas - CL  
#8 Posted : Thursday, 5 April 2018 10:25:00 a.m.(UTC)
Thomas - CL

Rank: Admin - CL APPROVED

Reputation:

Groups: Administration, Member
Joined: 26/07/2016(UTC)
Posts: 742
Man
New Zealand
Location: Auckland

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 70 time(s) in 70 post(s)
Morning Notworking,


We have overclocking services available that our technicians do instore for you though no over the phone support sorry.


This is our online service, for $99.95 https://www.computerloun...nentview.asp?partid=9906
Offline notworking  
#9 Posted : Thursday, 19 April 2018 3:41:49 p.m.(UTC)
notworking

Rank: OC Padawan

Reputation:

Groups: Member
Joined: 3/07/2017(UTC)
Posts: 11
New Zealand
Location: Auckland


Hello Thomas,

Was just going over the build specs. Would a 550w PSU not be able to power the rig?

Cheers

Originally Posted by: Thomas - CL Go to Quoted Post
Morning Notworking,


We have overclocking services available that our technicians do instore for you though no over the phone support sorry.


This is our online service, for $99.95 https://www.computerloun...nentview.asp?partid=9906


Offline Thomas - CL  
#10 Posted : Thursday, 19 April 2018 5:04:05 p.m.(UTC)
Thomas - CL

Rank: Admin - CL APPROVED

Reputation:

Groups: Administration, Member
Joined: 26/07/2016(UTC)
Posts: 742
Man
New Zealand
Location: Auckland

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 70 time(s) in 70 post(s)
Afternoon Notworking,


It would be dangerously close to the limit as the GPU alone can pull 300w under load with boost clocks.


A 650w is probably the lowest I would go as it wouldn't be ideal to run a PSU at a high usage over a length of time.
Offline notworking  
#11 Posted : Friday, 20 April 2018 3:14:02 p.m.(UTC)
notworking

Rank: OC Padawan

Reputation:

Groups: Member
Joined: 3/07/2017(UTC)
Posts: 11
New Zealand
Location: Auckland

Thanks thomas for all your help.

I have come into a problem, I bought a ASrock x370 Taichi motherboard and now with the release of the new Ryzen 2700x. I want to place the new cpu into my motherboard. However from a little digging I have done, I need a prior cpu that is compatible, to upgrade the bios on the motherboard to make the new 2700x work. I don't have a previous ryzen chip that I could use to upgrade the bios and was wondering does CL have any service or be able to help me upgrade my bios of my motherboard using an old ryzen cpu laying around in a display build or something? Longshot question but worth asking :)

Cheers

Originally Posted by: Thomas - CL Go to Quoted Post
Afternoon Notworking,


It would be dangerously close to the limit as the GPU alone can pull 300w under load with boost clocks.


A 650w is probably the lowest I would go as it wouldn't be ideal to run a PSU at a high usage over a length of time.


Offline Thomas - CL  
#12 Posted : Friday, 20 April 2018 4:41:15 p.m.(UTC)
Thomas - CL

Rank: Admin - CL APPROVED

Reputation:

Groups: Administration, Member
Joined: 26/07/2016(UTC)
Posts: 742
Man
New Zealand
Location: Auckland

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 70 time(s) in 70 post(s)
Afternoon Notworking,

We do indeed offer a Bios update service for $29.95, which usually take about 15-20min to do.

https://www.computerloun...entview.asp?partid=30551
Offline notworking  
#13 Posted : Friday, 20 April 2018 6:30:59 p.m.(UTC)
notworking

Rank: OC Padawan

Reputation:

Groups: Member
Joined: 3/07/2017(UTC)
Posts: 11
New Zealand
Location: Auckland

AWESOME :)

Originally Posted by: Thomas - CL Go to Quoted Post
Afternoon Notworking,

We do indeed offer a Bios update service for $29.95, which usually take about 15-20min to do.

https://www.computerloun...entview.asp?partid=30551


Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF.NET | YAF.NET © 2003-2018, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.264 seconds.